This morning, I woke up and suddenly felt like: ZOMG! Holy-Jesus-look-at-the-time-Batman, there’s only 4 months left for the wedding party in Sri Lanka!!!!!
There are things to be done! Menus to be planned! Outfits to be selected and fitted! Songs to be chosen (which Kartik was delegated to do, however he ended up putting Rod Stewart on the list so the task has now been self-appointed to me). The ceremony to be planned!
I am so not a shoe person so I totally forgot that I need shoes as well. Men have it easy I tell you, it’s one pair of black shoes + one pair of brown shoes and viola you don’t need any more pairs. Hair styles to be experimented. Weight to be lost! Honeymoon to be planned ...and obviously infinite minor details to be considered.
Suddenly, it feels as if the melancholy I had been experiencing these last few weeks has been lifted and wedding fever is taking over me!
1. The new and revised (by me) song list has 63 songs so far. Looking for more so do give some suggestions if you can. [psst…don’t even think about suggesting Rod Stewart]
2. Hair style – already decided. One more to go.
3. Flower arrangements – day 1, white and blue, day 2, white and yellow. In any case, the word -understated- is how I want the flowers / decor to look.
[Side Note: Let's say the wedding decor world was divided into two people--the Jackie O camp and the Donald Trump camp. I'm just going to assume that you know who the two individuals are and their tastes. Most of India would fall into the Donald Trump on Steroids camp when it comes to wedding decor. Ostentatious is not a bad word but a compliment. I fall under the Jackie O camp and I'm hoping we can pull off something that Jackie O would have found tasteful.]
5. Honeymoon destination – beach with no geckos/lizards! Since this would prove to be impossible for remote areas, we’re going to go for a relatively populated beach and possibly book a hotel room high up.
6. Card design—I have a design in mind, make a preliminary sketch this week!
7. Clothes—kinda complicated, but I have a design in my head which is awesome, should it come out perfectly!